The following link below provides both general information and the application form necessary to obtain a Native American exemption from the Shared Responsibility Payment (a payment made on the Federal Income Tax Return if the taxpayer does not have current Health Coverage)


Use this application if you and/or anyone in your tax household is:

• A member of an Indian tribe.
• Another individual who’s eligible for health services through
the Indian Health Service, tribes and tribal organizations,
or urban Indian organizations.
• If you get this exemption, you can keep it for future years without
submitting another application if your membership or eligibility for
services from an Indian health care provider remains unchanged.
• You can use one application to apply for this exemption for more
than one person in your tax household.


Leave a Reply